Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add a certain number of members by default on the Trello cards (on each board)

Mansainfotech Developer February 3, 2019

Hello all,

I want to know how can I add a certain number of members by default on the Trello cards for each board. So that those members are already added on the card (for notification purpose) when I create a new card. And I want to pick a different set of members to be added to the cards on different boards.

Is it even possible? I am not sure what sort of privileges I have on Trello.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

@Mansainfotech Developer in order to do this you will need to use the API. Are you already a Butler user? Butler would allow you to do this type of automation, however there are 2 draw backs:

1) They are currently integrating Butler into the core Trello product following acquisition so you can't create an account unless you're already a user and;

2) Butler is a power up now so needs to be enabled on each board individually

The Butler command to add members based on cards in a list could be something like:

when a card is created for each card in list "Default Members" find card with link "{triggercardlink}" and add member @{multipliercardname} 

That would be the bot command, I haven't used the power up so I'm unsure if that translates.

The same code in Trellinator would be:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/ae586af377bbe16a1ccc90b8008f14b9

This could be installed as a global command so that you could enable this functionality on any board where Trellinator was a member by creating a Default Members list.

Trellinator setup instructions are here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events