It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to add a certain number of members by default on the Trello cards (on each board)

Hello all,

I want to know how can I add a certain number of members by default on the Trello cards for each board. So that those members are already added on the card (for notification purpose) when I create a new card. And I want to pick a different set of members to be added to the cards on different boards.

Is it even possible? I am not sure what sort of privileges I have on Trello.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 04, 2019

@Mansainfotech_Developer in order to do this you will need to use the API. Are you already a Butler user? Butler would allow you to do this type of automation, however there are 2 draw backs:

1) They are currently integrating Butler into the core Trello product following acquisition so you can't create an account unless you're already a user and;

2) Butler is a power up now so needs to be enabled on each board individually

The Butler command to add members based on cards in a list could be something like:

when a card is created for each card in list "Default Members" find card with link "{triggercardlink}" and add member @{multipliercardname} 

That would be the bot command, I haven't used the power up so I'm unsure if that translates.

The same code in Trellinator would be:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/ae586af377bbe16a1ccc90b8008f14b9

This could be installed as a global command so that you could enable this functionality on any board where Trellinator was a member by creating a Default Members list.

Trellinator setup instructions are here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,597 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you