Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i set up automatic things like me as member when i add a card?

robb white13 October 6, 2018

certain things will be automatic when i am using trello for personal kanban. for example, when i add a card i want it to automatically set me as the member and i can remove that later if need be. every card i have to do the same things like adding myself as a member. there must be a way to do these automatically with the ability to change them later

1 answer

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2018

Hi Robb and welcome to Community!

When you say "personal kanban", are you the only member of the board? If so, what are you looking to achieve by adding yourself as member of the card?

Carolyn

robb white13 October 7, 2018

yes, that is one example. so far on 100% of my cards I am the only member of these boards, primarily all boards in this instance of trello are personal. 

in addition, for example I have lables associated with colors and it would be great if when I add a card to a board that has a certain color I would like for that to be automatic too.

fundamentally there are some things that will be the same every time I add the card so how can I make that automatic instead of extra mouse and key board actions

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2018

Hi Robb!

Have you tried using the Butler power-up? It's really nifty when you want to automate certain tasks for your boards. For example, you can create a rule where whenever there's a new card added to List A, Butler will automatically add you as a member. 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

There are some nice power-ups like Butler to do that kind of automation- thanks @Stef for the suggestion

robb white13 October 10, 2018

had no idea about power ups, will have to investigate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events