Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i receive email notifications for every activity in a board

vsupport August 25, 2021

i can't figure out how to configure the settings so that every interaction logged into the activity log is also sent as an email notifications. i enabled "email me immediately". but it seems like just because something is put inside activity log, doesn't mean it generates a notifications. i know all activity is in the activity log(i presume) but i want to also get that info to my email because i can't always access the trello app/website.

is this accomplishable?

**edit

what i want to achieve includes things like creating/updating checklists, adding activity noted inside of a card.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

Hi @vsupport ,

Thanks for writing and welcome to the community.

I would request you to check this help guide for receiving email notifications in trello - https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications. If you check here you can get details of all the preconditions of receiving notifications such as adding or updating due dates, attachments uploaded to card, movement of cards. 

You can change the notification frequency from Account Setting page -Change email Notification Frequency to Periodically or Instantly(looks like you are looking for instantly).

Please accept the answer if it solves your query or respond and allow others to share input.

Cheers

Suvradip

vsupport August 25, 2021

I did read this article. it seems there are no notification triggers for cards even while a card is being watched. thank you though.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

Hi @vsupport ,

Thanks for your prompt response. I think while watching a card you will get notifications for comments, adding/updating due dates, movement of cards  as mentioned here in this article - https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards.

Does it answer your query?

Cheers

Suvradip

vsupport August 25, 2021

is there a way to automatically watch all cards in a board including future ones that others create?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2021

Hi @vsupport ,

Thanks for your response. The article link shard above - https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards explains cards, lists and the boards - Watching a board.

So, if you watch any board then it will notify you changes to all cards in that board. 

Hope that answers your query.  

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events