Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i call @Trello commands in the new MS Teams Channels

mcapitao August 28, 2023

the article showing how to do this is using the old teams with the chat box at the bottom. this no longer works in channels with the "Post" Subject - message setup.

The Trello App for Microsoft Teams | Trello | Atlassian Support

2 answers

0 votes
mcapitao August 30, 2023

I see the new conversation button, but in the new Teams channels, it opens something that looks like an email with a subject and message. I have tried typing the commands in both fields but nothing happens it just posts a message to the channel with the command in it.

Team Channel 2023-08-30 144526.png

Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2023

Hey @mcapitao! I believe you're seeing these options because you might have enabled the "format" option on MS Teams, which adds additional options such as "Subject" to your message. Try clicking on the "format" option on MS Teams, and try again to see if you can use the at sign+trello to start using Trello commands. 

MSTeamsFormat.jpg

0 votes
Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Hi there, 

Thanks for raising this question!

I've just checked my MS Teams channels and see the "Start a new conversation" button which allows me to type the Trello commands: 

MS Teams.png

Don't you see the same option in your account? 

Alina | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events