Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I organise my boards?

JOHANNA BERGER January 31, 2020

I am new to Trello. Want to divide boards into categories such as work, personal, family, etc. Is it "teams" I have no team, it's really just me organising my life.

3 answers

0 votes
Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

This is possible using Collections for Business Class teams.

However, in this case it appears as if you have a large number of boards under your personal boards and would like to group them into categories. One workaround might be to utilise board descriptions.

For every board, append a tag to the end of the description such as:
#board-work, #board-personal, #board-family

You can then use the description search operator to search for all boards with that tag:

description:#board-personal

Example search URL: https://trello.com/search?q=description%3A%23board-personal

You can also used saved searches to make quickly finding boards easier.

0 votes
RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

Yes, you could use Team to organize the board, no need upgrade it, but each team only have 10 free boards...

0 votes
Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

There are multiple ways you can do this but my favourite approach is to tag each card with a label such as workpersonal, family etc. At a glance of your board you can easily see which tasks belong to which category.

JOHANNA BERGER January 31, 2020

But, can I do this with the actual board instead of the contents of a board?

Like Mo Beigi likes this
Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

@JOHANNA BERGER Sorry I misinterpreted your question, please check my other response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events