how can I print cards?

Michel Hontoy March 10, 2019

Hello 

I cannot print anymore my cards - can you help me to do it ?

Best

Michel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2019

Hi Michel,

I'm sorry you experienced this trouble printing cards in Trello! We've identified an issue that should be resolved in an update tomorrow. Stick tight and this should be cleared up soon!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Michel Hontoy March 10, 2019

Thank you Daniel - looking for tomorrow :)

Michel Hontoy March 13, 2019

Hi Daniel

just checked it - it worked thank you - I did print - answer accepted :)

Just another hint : When you open a card, you can select an option to share the card. One option here - is printing. This printing is not working (since several months)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-13 um 10.24.11.jpg

Did insert screenshot it is in German Drucken = to print 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2019

Interesting! I wasn't able to reproduce this, but the trick for me is that you have to click the "Show full description." link on the card before it renders correctly for print.

__This_card_has_a_title_auf_Dumptruck___Trello.png

What kind of problem do you see printing with the button when this link is already clicked?

Michel Hontoy March 13, 2019

Sounds really interesting - there might be a difference with the German version? I do work with Safari / apple and Windows 13 Firefox at work..

What I will describe is the same with both systems:

I did not find the button for the Vollständige Beschreibung anzeigen"...

To reproduce what I told you I first go to "teilen" an then I get to the selection you see above (with drucken) See picture

sent to.jpg

Generally to Print I can select :

From Safari directly: Ablage / Drucken (this works again since today)

From Trello: Power-Up Print Card ( this is the alternative, I learned recently in the community, and i works)

From Trello: Teilen / Drucken ( this is the one that does not work since some time)

Since I have 2 ways I can print, one directly from safari (without showing my content to the power up )   I am fine now. Just wanted to give the hint.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2019

Thank you for the info! I did try the steps you suggested while Trello was in German earlier, but was able to print. However I will pass this all on to the Development team so they are aware!

Denise
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2019

Hi Michel,

We further checked on this and noticed it's a Safari specific issue which we've now logged as a new bug. For now, you can use Cmd+p / Ctrl+p in order to get to the print menu from the back of a card in Safari. For other browsers, printing via Share > Print should work just fine.

Thanks for bringing this up and let us know if you have any other questions.

Like Michel Hontoy likes this
Michel Hontoy March 14, 2019

Hi Denise,

thank you for your advice / I just checked it an it worked as you described :)

0 votes
Bengt Jansson March 11, 2019

I have the same problem and have had so for a couple of days now.

When is this problem solved?
I use print function per card for keeping a pdf archive on locally so it´s a crucial function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events