Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide a board if close link is missing?

Leigh Cook July 2, 2018

I have three Trello example boards that were copied from elsewhere.  I would like to close, delete or hide them from my boards list.  But the options to close board, or to remove myself from the  board are missing.  So how can I get rid of the dang things from my boards list?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

Hey Leigh

Where, on your board list, are the boards showing?  Are they in "recent boards" on the board list if you open the menu on the left side of a board? OR are they in Personal or Team boards category?

Perhaps upload a screenshot here.

Leigh Cook July 3, 2018

They show on recent boards and on personal boards.  I don't have any team boards.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

Hmm. if you're personal boards, then you're a member or admin of the board.

If you're a member of a board, you should be able to leave the board.

If you're an admin of the board, you should be able to close the board.

So there's no option in the menu>more to close or leave?

What about if you check the same in another web browser?

Leigh Cook July 3, 2018

I agree, logically I should be either an admin or a member - but in Chrome, I appear to be neither.  So I tried your suggestion & opened it in MS Edge.  It showed only one of the example boards, and I was able to close it.  The other two examples still showed up on the recent list in Chrome, but not on any other list. so I opened each of my boards, to knock the alien boards off the recent list, and they have now disappear from all lists on both browsers, which is fine.

So problem solved - thank you!

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2018

You actually can remove a board from the recent list. Hover over a board name in the recent list and you’ll see a little “x” appear near the right of the board name. Click the x to remove it. 

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2018

Also- clear the cache in your chrome browser. Sounds like something has gone array and a cache clearing will make things right. 

Leigh Cook July 3, 2018

Thanks - I didn't know I could remove a board from the recent list so easily.  And yes, I'll clear the Chrome cache, in case there are other problems in there

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events