graphics not autosaving to front of card anymore?

Kim Cramer October 10, 2019

Did something change when saving outside of Trello to a Trello card?
When I use to save things (blog articles, web links YouTube videos, etc...) it used to grab the photo from where I saved it from and added it onto the card so it’s visual.  It’s not happening anymore.  Just text is showing up.  I’m on iOS by the way.

For example I see a recipe I like and I use the share button to save it to my recipe board.  Usually all I had to do was save it and all the copy , links along with a photo show up on the front of the card.  Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi Kim,

I've found this as well, however in my experience, some do and some don't. The way that I have hacked/sorted this out, is to copy the photo that would previously have been imported as the card cover and attached it to the card. It takes longer because you now have to add something via a 3rd party app, then hop into Trello and see if it's done it or not, then hop back into the 3rd party app and grab the image, then back into Trello, open the card and click attach, then I select the bottom option, which is the 'copy' option (I think!).

Like I said, some still work and some don't, but I've not been able to see any rhyme or reason to which work and which don't! I first noticed it a few weeks ago on YouTube (I save useful YT videos on Trello for my business, so that I can find them again) and it attached the video but not the thumbnail. I will add though, that I haven't had this problem for a while. I thought that it was because I was on iOS 13 Beta, but now I'm on iOS 13.1.2 and it seems to be ok now.

Now I've written all that I have no idea whether it's helped at all!!

Esme :)

Kim Cramer October 10, 2019

Esme, thank you so much for helping!  I actually finally figured it out! I will share below.  I think you'll love it!   It was driving me crazy because just like you I thought why is this so many steps????   I had used Trello for a long time, then like a crazy productivity geek like I am moved away to try something else (LOL).  I thought maybe while I was a way they changed something.  I went back thru some of my old notes and found my workaround that I had been using to achieve this!  I completely forgot...  It's a bookmark you add to your bookmark bar to easily clip webpages and photos AT THE SAME time.  :)  Here's the link.  https://trello.com/en-US/add-card

Basically (after saving the bookmark (only do this once) - directions are in the link)

... when you are on a page and you want to clip something just tap the send to Trello bookmark and it will bring you to a pop up that will ask you what board and what list!  whaaalaa! Love it - hope you do too 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Oh wonderful! Thanks for sharing! I've bookmarked it!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events