Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google sheet information is not converting in to new card

Laura January 18, 2022

I have attached a short Loom video of my screen of the problem I am having.

Short video of issue of google information not getting transferred into card in Trello 

I have set up the zap and selected the info I would like added to the new card but the information I have selected doesn't appear on the card. 

Look forward to your help.

Laura

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

@Laura 

You will have to insert the variables using the results from an earlier zap step as illustrated by Michael. 

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

The Loom was super helpful thanks.

You definitely have to click on the Sheet fields to fill them in like this:

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.02.23 PM.png

But other than that, I'm not sure what's going on.  That worked fine for me from scratch when I set it up.

Added a new row with some different info:

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.03.26 PM.png

And card showed up correctly

Steve  Test 1.png

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

When a zap runs, Zapier will show you all the details about the run in the history of the run too.  You have to switch to their history tab to see it.

Laura January 18, 2022

Thanks still have another question what you said helped but still have and issue Video for next help ? 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

@Laura 

If the data is not there, the placeholder will be empty.

One way you can go about it is to write a simple piece of code to insert between the zap steps to put in some text if the test condition returns an empty string for the set of potentially null fields.

In Zapier, you can use Code by Zapier and choose the python...there are some useful examples.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events