Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find the first card linked in the attachments and set the same due date

Giuseppe Voci January 4, 2022

Hi, 

Hi, I would like to create an automation with which when I create an item, with a member and an due date, in a checklist, a card is automatically created in a specific list with the same name as the item in the checklist, the same member and the same due date. It's possible? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Giuseppe Voci ! Welcome to the community :) are you wanting to copy the due date from the checklist item, or the card? It is currently possible to copy labels and members from the card into the newly generated linked card:

butler convert checklist item.PNG

It doesn't look like Butler has incorporated any automation around members and due dates at the checklist item level, however. 

As an alternative, you could add the due date into the checklist item title, and use a rule that will auto-set the due date on the linked card based on the card name like so:
set due date linked card.PNG

It doesn't solve the part around copying over the member, though, so not ideal. I'd reach out to Trello support directly and see if it's on their roadmap! 

Giuseppe Voci January 5, 2022

Thank you Hannah, unfortunately this does not solve because I am an event photographer and most of the cards have a date in the title. Unfortunately, I believe it is not currently possible. Thanks again for the help

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

@Giuseppe Voci ah ok - sorry I couldn't be of more help! Hopefully, Trello will implement more automation options around checklist due dates and members in the future! 

0 votes
Giuseppe Voci January 4, 2022

The only thing I can not do is copy the same due date

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events