cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find the first card in a list > Butler

haluk February 23, 2020

Hi, How can I:

When I move the "x" card to "b"

find the  first card in list  "c" ( I cant find that command on trello but in butler web page it seems)

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

@haluk @Ludo this Trellinator function will post a comment containing the name of the first card in list named "c" to a card when it is moved into a list named "b":

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/a93023cb1f3dfe7e7c06d7f90d36b2bc

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020
0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2020

Hi 

First select your trigger, then on the action butler panel, click on "cascade" tab (the last suggested tab)

haluk February 23, 2020

Thx for answer but at there there are only:

find the  first last first card linked in the attachments

find a card  titled with link titled 

There are no other finding methot at there..

But at butler own panel: "https://butlerfortrello.com/builder.html"

there is "

find the first card in a list "

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2020

There are, look inside the command you have icons which allows additionnal options. Just click on.

haluk February 23, 2020

1.png

haluk February 23, 2020

2.png

haluk February 23, 2020

I cant see any "more" buttons in here :(

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2020

Indeed, you're right. It is not exactly the same rules. Actually the finding card commands are based on a name or a link. In general, it allows to do the job.

If you precise fonctional needs, probably we will find a solution for your use case. 

haluk February 23, 2020

2.png

haluk February 23, 2020

But as you see, in butlerfortrello web page, there is what I want.

I can use it from here?

or I can type custom rule manuelly?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2020

You must create commands with butler libraries without using butlerfortrello web page.

haluk February 23, 2020

so if there is a way for what I want, please can you tell me how?. I need it a lot.

haluk February 23, 2020

I need:

When I move a card from a list to another list...: (this is one card)

top of the card of a list need to move second list. (this is another card)

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2020

First, you need to create a link beetwen the 2 cards.  

A possible way just by adding one rule and one checklist,

Concerning the linking rule between 2 existing cards,

when an item is added to checklist "linked card" by anyone, 
find a card titled "{checklistitemname}" on board "Myboard",
and link the cards together

Concerning the use case, 

1. add a checklist named "linked card" in one of the 2 cards. 
  2. add an item in this checklist (item name = name of the card to link)

This last event will trigger the linking rule, you will obtain 2 linked cards what allows to synchronize the card movement. 

when a card is moving to list "B", 
find the first card linked in the attachments, and move the card to the bottom of list "C"

Just move a card in the list B and the linked card will be moved in the list C

haluk February 23, 2020

yes I thought samething but. When I change the top card of the list... it wont take the first card , it will again same linked card so it will be very hard to manage what I want them to do... it will be very easy if only "move the first item of the list" :S

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2020

Unfortunately, this command doesn't exist. If the first card of the list changes, you should define a new link and remove the old.

haluk February 23, 2020

Also we can not manage "what can team members can see or not"... all of them is not logical for a like that program....

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2020

trello is certainly a software which induces some constraints but which allows a high level of automation without having knowledge of programming. Personally, I don't know other equivalent tools except being able to develop a java application.

Finaly, if you have some technical skills, you will be interested by trellinator which improves trello capacities.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events