Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create an Email trail where multible people copied

Mostafa Ahmed June 1, 2021

Am designing an automated out going Email notifier to multiple persons
when i add their Emails in butler to send email .. each person receive a separate email with same subject where i cant track their response and reply to the Email
through single Email thread to update the board accordingly..they only can reply to the Noreply ID come with trello Email ID

is there a solution or a work around to get this done

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

@Mostafa Ahmed 

Tried @Iain Dooley 's BenkoDesk it works.

I have also worked with Contalist to enhance their product. There is a new feature to send email to a person or a group or both when a comment is added to card. By using the Email To Board and Butler or in my case a low-code listener, I am able to get a copy of the email returned to the board. In a sense you can have cards with different groups of people and you can use it as notifier for different things you want.Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 3.08.50 PM.jpg

Mostafa Ahmed June 2, 2021

the thing is that the Email sending is based on Variable entry in custom fields
which collect those entries and should send them to group of People
what am looking for is how to have all the people on same thread so they can all see mail trail once sent from the board

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

@Mostafa Ahmed yep you can just do this in BenkoDesk to achieve that:

@to Recipient 1,Recipient 2,Recipient 3,Recipient 4

They will all be on the email thread, they can reply all, you can reply all from the card and so on. You can also do:

@cc 

and:

@bcc 

Mostafa Ahmed June 2, 2021

so it must be done through add on App
there is no function or Format in trello to get this done on outbound Email send from board

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

@Mostafa Ahmed yeah to my knowledge there's no way to create a unified 2 way email thread with multiple participants natively in Trello

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

@Mostafa Ahmed hello again :)

Yes you could use my product BenkoDesk to originate new emails to multiple people automatically by posting card comments, then the replies would come back to the cards and so on, via a connected Gmail account:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

I think handling the replies with the Zapier solution would be problematic ... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events