Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colleague as premium user - is multi-board license req'd for colleague?

Clifford Suld September 15, 2021

Hi, 

If I upgrade to premium, I am also being asked to pay for a multi-board guest for a colleague, a total of 2 licenses. If my colleague upgrades to premium, do I still have to pay for him as a multi-board guest?

I tried to send this question to support, but something went wrong with the form submission.

Thanks very much for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2021

If you add your colleague to only one board directly (not to your workspace but directly to the board) then you won’t have to pay for them. 

If you add them to more than one board directly, OR you add them as a member of a workspace then you have to pay for them. 

Having them on only one single board is free. More than that - paid. 

Clifford Suld September 15, 2021

Thank you for the quick response.

If he is a premium user, do I still need to pay for the additional license for him to see more than a single board?

The implication would be that in order to see each others' boards, both of us need to pay for our own premium license plus a "guest" license equaling a total of 4 (=2x2) licenses in total.

Is this correct?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events