Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closed/deleted a private board but it's still showing up in team board page?

Lina Chang May 8, 2019

I opened a personal board that was later added to my team's board page. Originally I set it as private, before changing the viewing settings so that my team could access it. 

After closing and deleting the board, I can still see one 'private' board as part of my team board page - and there is no way for me to access this board. When accessing the 'closed boards' tab, the board that I originally closed and deleted is not visible either. 

Not sure what else I can do - is there any way for me to delete the 'private' board? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi Lina,

Though these two events happened at the same time, I don't think they're related. If you deleted that original board, that board is gone.

The private board you're seeing is a different board, one with visibility settings set to Private. This means that only members explicitly added to the board itself will be able to see it. You, as a team admin, are able to see that the board exists, but if you're not a member of the board itself, you do not have access to it. Only existing members of the board are able to access it, and only the admin of the board can close and delete it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events