Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant move board between workspace even though I am admin in both workspaces

Rasmus Schioenning July 12, 2023

Hi community,

Hope that you can help with this issue I have re moving boards from 1 trello account and workspace to a new trello account and new workspace.
I am admin in both workspaces, but when I use the Trello guide and the menu - Board - more - Settings - Change workspace, the other (desired destination) does not come up in my drop down list. 
This means I can only allocate to the same workspace that the board is in already.

What am I missing? Do I need to somehow login with my new Trello account to get the destination workspace to appear in the dropdown list?

Any help would be highly appreciated as our board will be deleted at the end of the month and I want to save the good work done in the current board.

Thanks 

Rasmus

2 answers

0 votes
Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2023

Hi Rasmus - welcome to the community!

To clarify, are you using two Trello accounts or one?

If you're wanting to move one board from one Workspace to another, can you please check that the same Trello account is a member of both Workspaces?

If you've confirmed that the same Trello account is a member of both Workspaces, and you're still unable to move the board to another Workspace, feel free to reach out to the team at https://trello.com/contact so we can investigate further.

Rasmus Schioenning July 14, 2023

Hi Beverley - It is 2 different trello accounts and I need to migrate / move the board, and the current account will be closed at the end of July. The new account will be expanded to multiple boards etc, but we want to save 4 boards in total, from the account that is being shut down
I will try to make the new trello account a member of the old board that I want to move

Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2023

Hi Rasmus - thanks for clarifying!

To +1 to Andrea's comment below, if it's possible for you to make the new Trello account an admin for the old Workspace and board, this will help you move the board from your old Workspace to the new Workspace.

Rasmus Schioenning July 24, 2023

Hi again Beverly, I had to open a support ticket as I cant get it to work.
Ticket no: TRELLO-161121

Beverley
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2023

Hi Rasmus, I believe our team have responded to your ticket. You should have received their replies via email, but if not, please check your junk folder in case it's landed there.

0 votes
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2023

Hi @Rasmus Schioenning

The instructions you are looking at probably assume you are trying to move a board between two workspaces owned by the same account.

Is it possible to add your new/second user as an admin on the workspace the boards are in now? Then the second user account will be admin of both workspaces (temporarily).

When you open one of the boards you wish to move and follow the Trello guide steps you've already seen, the destination workspace should appear now. 

Let me know if this doesn't work or is not possible. 

Rasmus Schioenning July 24, 2023

Hi Andrea - cant get it to work and have raised a support ticket (TRELLO-161121) as I am risking to loose several of my boards.
Perhaps there is a way to download/upload the boards...
Will loose the board by 1 Aug if I dont find a solution :-(.... and many hours spent on them

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events