Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a list have a date

Canvas Bookings September 21, 2021

can I set a list to have a date ?

I use Trello for events coming up 

and set each list for an event day?

do I have to just label each card in that list as a date to be done by ?

I would basically like to be able to view each list as an end date (the date of the event ) and then the cards in it as different due dates in that list?

4 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@Canvas Bookings So you want to have list names that have dates in them, and then when you add a card to those lists you want the due date on the card set to, for example, 4 weeks prior to the date in the list name right?

0 votes
Canvas Bookings September 22, 2021

Hello @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows and @milynnus 

image.png

so here is a list of the day with the date at the top.

Is there a way so when i start to fill one of the cards in (22nd of jan ) i can automate it so it looks at the date at the top then goes ok we need a 4 week before date set on this now. ?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

@Canvas Bookings Only way to use text to set due date is to rename the card with the date text added. Then perhaps adjust the due date to minus 4 weeks. Try it.

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

So basically the list represents the milestone, and you'd like to see that milestone represented in the timeline/calendar view - is that right? Trello doesn't have a concept of milestones, and lists can't hold additional data like dates (only cards can contain additional data). You could create a sort of "header" card at the top of each list to represent the milestone though. This card would have a due date, and any other information on the milestone. So it would look something like this:
Screenshot 2021-09-22 144447.png

Screenshot 2021-09-22 144701.png

Screenshot 2021-09-22 144832.png

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2021

@Canvas Bookings 

As a example, when you automate to copy a card you can use a date variable  as part of the list name. That way it can insert a value there. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events