call card creation multiplied - webhook

Martina Amedeo June 25, 2020

hi everyone!!

I have created a webhook that every time you create a trello card generates a QR code using the function: cardButtonCallback.
It has always worked correctly, for a few days not performed, the call assistance is multiplied x 5 times.
Without changing the source code below!
Have there been updates on the trello side? Have you encountered similar errors?

Thank you

Martina

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2020

I am using Trello trigger on the platform  I am using and recently I reported the same to them. Apparently it was a locking issue that they need to work with Trello. I am glad that they have fixed it. I tested it and is now working as designed. Important to note if you have Webhooks at board, list and card firing off at the same time you can still get multiple replies from Trello. Also for example when a card is moved from one list to another, you can get 2 action on updateCard - one for pos change and the other for idlist change. 

Martina Amedeo June 29, 2020

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this does not solve my problem .. trello's actions seem multiplied x 5 times, I would like to understand the reason.

Thank you Martina

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2020

Martina, I understand. You and I is not using the same webhook implementation. I found this table useful, in anticipating what additional checks need to be in place especially when I have more than 1 webhook firing of at the same time in the same script. I cannot precisely pinpoint why you have 5 but what am trying to illustrate is that if you are have 3 triggers looking at different parts of the board, an event on the board can trigger event multiple triggers at the endpoint. Even if you have 1 webhook, a move of a card from one list do not just trigger a change in idlist but also pos (or position of the card in the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1opvJZ2yqfWgVr5ol1NXkvhn7Y4RKon2xPhemMbQprwA/edit?usp=sharing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events