Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

butler bot to butler power up

natalie gingrich March 29, 2019

is the bot completely going away? are we responsible for transferring the info from bot to power up or is there a migration that would happen?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

@natalie gingrich 

Hi Natalie, there hasn't been an announcement, yet, when the ButlerBot is going to be phased out. But the fact that it is phased out, has been made clear.

Everybody is responsible for migrating their commands, but there are migration services available for those who don't want or can't do it themselves. Please check the website in my profile for more information.

natalie gingrich April 1, 2019

Thank you Katrin! I am headed to your site now. Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2019

@natalie gingrich I'm pretty sure the bot is being completely phased out, @Oscar Triscon might be better placed to give you a timeframe.

There's no automated migration, you will need to recreate your bot commands as power up commands.

The Power up doesn't retain all of the bot's functionality, so there may be some instances where you can't do something with the power up that you were previously able to do with the bot, but you can always do what you need using the Trello API.

I've migrated hundreds of Butler bot commands to Trellinator:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

So between the Butler power up and the API whatever you need to get working will be possible!

Thank you for all of your selfless information! I am going to check out Trellinator. :)

Like dileep-billez likes this
0 votes
Oscar Triscon April 1, 2019

Hi Natalie,

Now that the Butler Power-Up is available to all and included into Trello, we are planning to phase out the legacy Butler Bot over the next few months.

The Power-Up offers a much more integrated and superior experience, including enhanced security and privacy. We have exciting plans to make it an even better tool.

We will be providing tools to help you in that transition.  Please, stay tuned for some messages from Butler about the transition.

Thank you Oscar.

Like Jovan Jancev likes this
Jovan Jancev June 6, 2019

Thank you for the support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events