automatically switching from my label to a new label

ricarda.nohl May 7, 2020

When I create a card on my board and add a label, Trello changes this by automatically switching from a red label to a yellow label which is even newly created.

I have 3 labels:
red: project open
yellow: Project in progress
green: project completed

on my board I use the red label, when I add this to the board, another yellow label is automatically generated with the name project, my red label is also automatically replaced by the yellow label.

I can't find a reason why this happens and I can't turn it off. Has anyone ever had this error and can help me?

Thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2020

Hi @ricarda.nohl 

Welcome to the Community!

Further to @Iain Dooley's question, have you got any Butler rules running on this board?

Also, if you're adding cards from other boards, and this is occurring, make sure that the labels on both boards match. If you copy or move a card where the yellow label is attached, when you move it into the new board, the label will copy/move over as well.

Esme :) 

ricarda.nohl May 12, 2020

Thank You Esme!

Yes, I use Butler rules, just for transfer my Cards from my Board by clicking a Cardbutton to another Board.
Yes, I use butler rules, only to move the cards from my board to another board by clicking a card button.
This error only occurs when I create a card on my board and assign a label to it (without using a butler rules, just by clicking on the label).

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

@ricarda.nohl are you using Trello in a language other than English?

We use it in German language

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

@ricarda.nohl another guy reported the same issue the other day and he was using it in Russian, I think there is a bug with label names in languages other than English, I'll try and get the team's attention via the slack channel.

Like ricarda.nohl likes this

Great, thank you very much

Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2020

Hi @ricarda.nohl

Would you mind reaching out via trello.com/contact with the link to the board and screenshots that show the issue? We'd be happy to take a closer look and investigate.

Thanks for your efforts.

Like # people like this

@Torben_trelloI did. Thank you!

0 votes

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

I used to take screenshots. There you can see that I select the yellow project with the title " Projekt in Arbeit" and then a new yellow label is created with the title "Projekt". For the labels I have no butler rule in the Cards creation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events