Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto add self self as member to board/list?

Andy Oliver January 23, 2020

Hi,

Just started using Trello, so if this is obvious, I apologize and please send me in the right direction!

I use Trello on my own, not for others.  When I create a board, add lists and then cards, is there a way to automatically add myself as a member / the only member.

It seems like more hassle than it should be to create your card then have to add self as member just to be able to actually write your note, every....single.....time.....

Dont know if I'm missing something?

This is the Android app btw, if that makes any difference.

I hope that I have explained my query well enough for you to understand

Thankyou

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Andy Oliver 

Welcome to the Community!

Can I ask, if you're the only one using Trello, why do you need to be added to every card?

I use Trello solo as well and I'm not 'on' any cards because the whole board/s is/are mine, so any & all notification come through to me (as I'm the only one with access), so I was just wondering if there's any reason that you want to be added to each card?

Esme :)

Andy Oliver January 25, 2020

Hi,

I may be using Trello wrong as I'm still learning it. and now it doesn't seem to behave as it did before I posted originally!!

When I set up a board, I then add a list fine.  I can then add a card fine, but if I want to add a comment to the card, then it won't let me unless I've added myself as a member.

Today it is allowing me to comment away freely...

So no I feel silly.

Thanks for taking teh time to help me

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

No problem at all Andy, the Community is always here if you need a hand :)

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi

You can use butler and create a rule like this

when a card is added to the board, join the card
Andy Oliver January 25, 2020

that sounds interesting.  Perhaps a silly question, but it teh Butler available on the android app?  I cannot seem to see it.

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2020

Hi

If you want build a rule with your smartphone, you must use web app.

With mobile app, you can trigger butler rules.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events