Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning cards to family members

Sarah Moore June 23, 2022

I use Trello at work, and I just signed up for the Premium account for personal use. My goal is to have a board that can be seen by my husband and teenage kids, so I can assign tasks to them ("take out the garbage") and they can move the card to "Done" when complete. I also want them to be able to add tasks/cards and assign them to me. Ideally I'd like us all to be using the Trello app on our phones, because my teenagers use texts/apps way more often than email.

What's the best way to do this? I tried to invite them by entering their email, but that looks like I would need to assign them each a $130/year license. That seems a bit much for just managing a family to-do list.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction of a tutorial - seems like this problem has to have been solved many times over already. Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2022

You can add your family members as board members without adding them to the workspace. As long as you only need them to be members of one board, you won't be charged for them. You can read more about this here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/board-guests/

Let me know if this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events