as a college prof, would a card represent my classes for the day?

Jeff Tix April 19, 2020

I’m new to Trello, so please forgive me.  I’m task and sub-task driven.  I’m a college professor, and I am wondering if I could build a card for each day in the semester, with tasks and sub tasks for the day.  Is that the proper way to approach Trello?

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2020

Yes you could do this - each card being a day and subtasks for each day. But if the tasks are always the same, the easiest way would be to build a "daily" card and use the Card Repeater power-up to make the card clone itself each day, rather than you having to create it. 

You could also create a different weekly card to create for days of the week, ie have a weekly repeating card on Monday with Mondays tasks and another one for Tuesday etc. 

At the end of the day, Trello is like legos, so you can build whatever you want out of it. It just depends what you're trying to achieve that will determine what's the best way to go about it!

0 votes
ezramorris April 20, 2020

To be honest I'm not sure Trello is the best tool for something so fixed. There's not really any concept of sub-tasks. A 'card' would usually represent a task. On a card you can assign a due date and some simple checklists, but that's about it.

ezramorris June 3, 2020

I think it would end up very complicated. Say you had a card for each day. You'd also need a card for each task, which you would add to the 'day' card. Then I suppose sub-tasks could be represented in checklists, if all that was required was a simple line of text. With all the day and task cards for every day of a semester, you'd end up with a huge amount of cards, not to mention Trello doesn't represent cards-in-cards particularly well. The tool becomes a burden for the relatively straightforward activity required.

Maybe there's a better approach? Not sure why you linked to the site you did.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events