It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Would like to change primary email

Would like to change primary email to ben.elvira@kw.com to fasttrack@kw.com.

When i try it says fasttrack@kw.com is already taken please help.

I am passing this account to another user.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Devon_Henderson Community Leader Jan 06, 2019

Hello @Ben Elvira!

To make sure I’m understanding the situation - you have your own Trello account, and you want to give it to someone else, correct? And when you try to add their email to your account, it’s saying they’ve already got a Trello account?

If this is all correct, you have a couple of options. The reason you’re getting the message is because that email is already associated with another Trello account, and you can’t have more than one account using the same email address. So your options are:

1. Get the other person to give you an email address of theirs that isn’t already tied to a Trello account.
  2. Give them your login information.
  3. Give their already existing account admin permissions across your various items, then remove yourself.

Unfortunately, you cannot merge accounts and emails cannot be associated with more than one account, so your options are sadly limited to the few I listed. The easiest would be to just give them your login information. The cleanest would be to give their already existing account control over each item in your Trello account (that way, they don’t have to manage two Trello accounts). The fastest would be for them to give you a Trello-free email address.

My suggestion would be #3. This will make managing the content easier for the other person as they don’t have to juggle two accounts. It does require a decent amount of work on your end, though, if you have a lot of boards/content. So, you’ll really just want what works best for the both of you, and this might not be it.

Hope this helps! I’m also happy to help further if you decide which you want to do but aren’t sure how to go about making it happen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you