Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you add tabs to your Trello desktop app?

David F December 6, 2017

The app is great. Only feature I am missing is to be able to merge windows to tabs (like in finder etc) because I need to operate with 3-4 boards at one time. is this feature on your roadmap? Thank you. 

6 answers

4 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi David,

We're not planning on adding tab support right now, but I can definitely understand the appeal! I'll make sure the team knows that's something you're looking for, and we may be able to add that support in a future version of the Trello app!

John Brissenden August 13, 2018

OOH, tabs would be wonderful!

Daniel Hogan November 6, 2019

I know I'm late to the party, but I can't really use the desktop app because of the inability for tabs. Another similar solution could be to "pin" the boards menu so that it stays open and moves the content under it into the viewable area when pinned. I imagine the desktop app is pretty unusable without something like this for most people.

1 vote
Gavinwilshen February 20, 2023

Trello needs tabs! C'mon keep up

Daniel Hogan February 20, 2023

They obviously don't care to do this. This was asked for 6 years ago...  If you want something separate from your browser, you can use a different browser. For me, I didn't really want to do that. On Windows I use portable firefox from portableapps. It's runs completely interdependent from normally installed firefox. I changed the theme, set it to remember what was open when closed, update the ini file to allow multiple instances of firefox to run. On Linux, I run firefox with a different profile, which makes it work as essentially a different instance. Hope that helps. If you want more details on the portableapps or linux config, let me know.

Gavinwilshen February 21, 2023

Thanks! Sounds complex tho :/ I think I'll wait in vain

1 vote
magnuspaaske April 4, 2021

+1 for tabs

1 vote
Mitchell Page August 28, 2020

+100 for tabs in the Trello desktop app

1 vote
denisethelady July 17, 2019

Tabs would improve my life so much... Are you still thinking about it?

0 votes
Patrick O_Malley January 13, 2024

I think the Trello team is missing a beat here.

I have a browser that I use only for Trello. I keep all my trello tabs open in it across the multiple projects I work on. 

This enables me to have the equivalent of the Trello desktop app that I want.

With this workaround, I am good. It might work for you too.

For me, the Trello desktop app without this feature is a complete waste of time.

So I have uninstalled it and use a dedicated browser to mimic this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events