Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Trello offer offline Mac App?

Sascha Burkhardt April 28, 2017

I have switched from Wunderlist to Trello, Trello is much more better, but with a big lack: no offline MacOs App (as Wunderlist had).

All the Trello Apps in the MAc App Store don't sync cards that have been added while computer has been online. This is a big problem, you even don't know that the card will disappear next time you relaunch the app. This is definitely against the spirit of GTD: you need a relayable inbox .

It could even be OK if you cannot edit/move cards.

Just a offline working inbox...

On the other hand, Wunderlist manages very well offline modus, never lost any list item. So this should net be to complicated...

Thx

1 answer

4 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2017

Right now, we only offer an offline mode in our mobile apps. However we do have this on our radar as a possible future feature and I'll make sure register your interest in that with our team.

Sascha Burkhardt May 1, 2017

Thank you !

Christoph Witzenrath September 21, 2017

For me, working offline on the laptop (windows)  is an absolute condition for changing to Trello, and it seems to be lacking still. Love all the functionability (attachments, e-mails and what not), but I will often use Trello as a personal kanban without a team. Sometimes I'm offline with my laptop, where there is no network. So, please add this with no delay  - you can even mark it as an option at my own peril to disencourage users. Please send me an e-mail when you have added this offline option in the windows app as I will stay away before that.

Like # people like this
David Clark October 14, 2017

I recently downloaded the desktop app and thought it was going to be available offline.  No such luck!  That was disappointing.  So the desktop app is just another way to access the website instead of Chrome, which doesn't mean much to me...I am fine using the Trello online, so not sure how this is a benefit having a "desktop" version.  Please make available offline!!! Like Evernote and Workflowy.

Like Mark Ehrhardt likes this
Lee Herman February 12, 2018

Offline on Mac would be great. WiFi is almost ubiquitous but not in some places, like many cross-country Amtrack trains.

Nikolai Diekert May 15, 2018

For me the same; I am often on a train (morning and evening) with very bad internet connection; so offline mode would be condition to switch to trello. Any news on timeline?

Hubert Hölzl June 6, 2018

Same for me, desperately need offline support for my trips, it's just horrible with a poor mobile connections. That's the reason I still search for alternatives for Trello. Any suggestions?

Christoph Witzenrath June 6, 2018

Just reiterating my concerns. Offline mode would be appreciated and I can see there are growing numbers of people who demand just that.

renaudmarquis June 9, 2018

Yes, please! This is definitely a crucial feature. I think every Trello user expects this to happen soon. Further, being also an ex Wunderlist user, I think most people hesitating to move to Trello would be convinced and would switch to Trello with this feature.

renaudmarquis June 9, 2018

Alternatively, even a Chrome extension that allows offline work would be fine for me.

Hubert Hölzl June 10, 2018

I tweeted them, but unfortunately it seems we can't expect offline support in the near future https://twitter.com/23tux/status/1004392947536756737

Tina Yazdi August 21, 2018

^ That is super disappointing, signaling to me that perhaps they are building for more casual users who do not intimately rely on Trello to run projects/businesses. You cannot manage multiple boards and teams and cards from your phone with any real efficiency

Omar ElNaggar March 22, 2019

Especially given the recent push to paid 'Business Class' for large teams, please prioritize offline mode for PCs (both Windows and MacOS)!

Like # people like this
Mark Ehrhardt July 27, 2020

This is a HUGE need.  Please update us

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events