Why was the workspace deleted without my permission ?

jirjawi November 29, 2022

Today I received an email telling me to delete the workspace and all the boards in it

And I didn't

What is the reason and how can I get it back?

Knowing that some boards cannot be reopened 

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 10.58.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 4.41.46 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jirjawi December 1, 2022

I was able to recover the boards that were deleted

in an easy way , whoever needs help, contact me to explain the method

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

It would be great if you could write the solution here. But were the boards deleted, or simply closed? If they were closed, then the link I provided (https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/deleting-a-board/) had already the solution.

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @jirjawi and welcome to the community,

If you are on a free plan, and you added members, then these members have the same rights as you. Someone must have deleted this workspace. Related thread here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Why-was-my-workspace-deleted/qaq-p/1912391

How do I recover deleted boards?
And how can I find out the name of the one who took it

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

@jirjawi if a board is not on closed board, then unfortunately the deletion is permament https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/deleting-a-board/

I'm not sure if you can see who deleted the workspace.

I'm sure it wasn't deleted from our team

There is a loophole that you may have that allows entry and deletion

Need a solution to this problem?

Does upgrading the package solve the problem? ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

There are only two groups that can delete workspaces

• Your team
  • If you are on a paid version, Atlassian can delete, if you stop paying the subscription fees and don't talk to them about shutting it down or downgrading to free

So, I'm afraid you are going to need to talk to your team about who deleted it

jirjawi December 1, 2022

I just need to know the name of the account that deleted the workspace

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

As Nick specified, it's not possible to know who deleted the workspace. Perhaps if your team is small, then it's the one person who most likely didn't receive an email about this deletion.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

I'm afraid you are going to need to talk to your team about who deleted it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events