Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Trello search function not working?

Darien Pentlin October 13, 2017

Lately, I have been having an issue with my Trello search function. I am a purchaser at my company and I use Trello to keep track of all purchase orders. We order a lot so I constantly have around 200 cards on my board. I title the card by the purchase order number so that I can search by the number if I need to pull them up.

Usually this has worked perfectly with no issues. Recently, I type in the order number and it just shows that is searching and it will never find it. I'm not sure if this is due to the amount of card I have on my board or something else. I archive every order once it has been received just in case I need to go back to it. This may have something to do with it as well but I am not sure. 

I guess I wanted to see if maybe Trello has a limit on how many card you can have on your board or archived. Maybe I just have too much stuff on that board and I need to get rid of some things. Just want to get an idea of what I should do to fix this.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

Hey Darien

Boards function better with the lesser amount of cards, but 200 should be no issue. And having a lot of archived cards shouldn’t be the issue either. 

Have you tried this search from another web browser? Wondering if a cache clearing in your current browser will clear up the issue. 

Darien Pentlin October 13, 2017

Matthew,

I have noticed that after I refresh the page, the search function seems to work. After a while of using Trello it will eventually stop searching. I guess a simple refresh fixes that problem. At least for a while. 

Thank you!

Nazmi Syazreen January 18, 2022

Hey Matthew, I have exactly the same problem as you but even though I change the web browser or clear the cache or reload the page but still none is working. please help me out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events