Why is my Trello search function not working?

Lately, I have been having an issue with my Trello search function. I am a purchaser at my company and I use Trello to keep track of all purchase orders. We order a lot so I constantly have around 200 cards on my board. I title the card by the purchase order number so that I can search by the number if I need to pull them up.

Usually this has worked perfectly with no issues. Recently, I type in the order number and it just shows that is searching and it will never find it. I'm not sure if this is due to the amount of card I have on my board or something else. I archive every order once it has been received just in case I need to go back to it. This may have something to do with it as well but I am not sure. 

I guess I wanted to see if maybe Trello has a limit on how many card you can have on your board or archived. Maybe I just have too much stuff on that board and I need to get rid of some things. Just want to get an idea of what I should do to fix this.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N Community Champion Oct 13, 2017

Hey Darien

Boards function better with the lesser amount of cards, but 200 should be no issue. And having a lot of archived cards shouldn’t be the issue either. 

Have you tried this search from another web browser? Wondering if a cache clearing in your current browser will clear up the issue. 

Matthew,

I have noticed that after I refresh the page, the search function seems to work. After a while of using Trello it will eventually stop searching. I guess a simple refresh fixes that problem. At least for a while. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jan 18, 2018 in Trello

How two Biomed teachers use Trello to execute on Project Lead The Way

This is the first of many Showcases highlighting incredible Atlassian users in Education! And Michael Burke and Josh Clemmer are setting the Showcase bar high. The pair of Biome...

47,407 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you