I've subscribed to board events and get notification when somebody create, comment card, e.t.c.
Now I've try to add some integration and create cards via REST API from separate account created specific for this purpose. Card successfully created by REST API call, but I don't receive email notification about that. Is it expected behavior or a bug? How can I fix it?
That is not the expected behaviour. Creating or updating a card via the web interface or the REST API are the same as far as Butler is concerned, and you should receive an email notification for either.
Double-check the rules in the Butler command that is responsible for sending the email notification or your email notification settings if you are watching a board / list.
Can you clarify what you mean by "subscribed to board events". What is the mechanism that is sending you those emails. Is it...
1. A Butler rule
2. Trello's 'watch' feature on the board / a list
3. Something else
I've double tested scenarios 1 and 2 and they both work as expected when a card is created or updated via the REST API.
OK, then can you do some basic testing.
1. If someone else creates a card on the board via the web interface, do you receive an email notification?
2. If you login to the web interface with the account you're using for the REST API calls and create a card on the board via the web interface, do you receive an email notification?
3. Did you double-check your email settings to make sure the frequency is set to 'immediate' for the notifications?
1. Unfortunately today is a day off and I don't want to bother colleagues (think that second question result cover this case)
2. Yes, if I login in to the web interface with account used for REST call and create card I get email notification. Also I notice that now action appear in "Activity" list, but it was not happens after REST API call creation
3. Yes it set to 'Immediate'
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events