Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does "copy card" no longer uncheck the item in my checklist?

Marijn van der Zee May 20, 2019

v Given a card with a checklist and all three items in the checklist are checked.

v When I copy the card, 

v And I select "keep checklists"

v Then the checklist with its items is copied to the new card

x And all the checklistitems on the new card are unchecked

Instead of (my) desired behavior, the items have the same checked status as the source card. In the past this was not the case, so this looks like a regression bug.

I'm on Chrome Version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit) for Mac.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marijn van der Zee May 27, 2019

As @Iain Dooley pointed out in his answer, this not a bug, but a change to Trello.

For me it is not an improvement, but maybe it is for others. Alas.

What I do now, is add a checklist item to copy the card on the top of the first checklist. Then I'm reminded to copy the card before I check of any items. As I do the copy, all items are unchecked, hence not problem anymore.

This works very well for me. 

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

@Marijn van der Zee this is a feature change. It's something to email support@trello.com about if you're upset about it, but I posted a response about it earlier today here too:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/how-to-copy-a-checklist-and-automatically-uncheck-the-list/qaq-p/1086073

Marijn van der Zee May 27, 2019

Thnx for the proposed workaround Iain.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events