This started happening around midnight last night when suddenly a load of reminders went off on my master board. Looked into it this morning and all those cards had been created yesterday, either on that particular board or on one of the boards sync'd to it via Unito.
Added some test cards and they're now showing due dates for tomorrow 1am. This happens only to cards created on the master board or cards that sync to it via a source board (and only after the sync happens, not before).
Disabled Unito, ie went to manual sync, and again, anything created on master board gets assigned tomorrow's due date. Anything created on the disabled source boards doesn't get a due date ... until I reactivate Unito and then they suddenly get tomorrow assigned after syncing.
Butler isn't making this happen either. Plus I've disabled all Butler rules and it still happens.
And ONLY on this one board.
Any ideas what's happening as I'm currently trialling Unito and tomorrow I'm going to spin up a bunch of new project boards to really push it (and don't want every card's due date messed up).
EDIT: just noticed that if I change the date then the card retains the revised date, but I remove the date then it reappears with tomorrow 1am within seconds! I also can only change the date by opening the card first, ie I can't change the date with D shortcut on the cover.
@Simon Perkins one thing to check in these cases is the Card's activity feed, you may need to click "Show Details":
If you see that it is your account being used to make the changes, then you can go into Settings and look under the "Applications" heading, there you can revoke individual API tokens.
In conjunction with @Michael Pryor's suggestion of trying different platforms this should help you identify whether or not this is a foible of a particular platform and/or some sort of weird session bug.
If you find you don't get the same problem on mobile or on a different browser/machine then logging out and in, logging in via Incognito are other ways to diagnose the issue.
If the problem persists after all those steps on the same machine (and/or other browsers/devices) recording a screencast of the behaviour with something like loom.com and posting here (making sure you don't share anything sensitive!) can help get to the bottom of it too.
I noticed this morning that all new cards are behaving properly and no longer automatically assigning due dates. Here's a sample card showing how I "set" the due date for 1am 4th May (which I didn't). This happened on all new cards from Sat and Sun. Odd.
Anyway, Trello has also now let me amend those dates without force populating them with 1am 4th May again. So for now things are good again.
No idea if the initial Unito sync was causing an issue - hard to say as whatever it was was happening only when a card appeared on the master (via Unito sync or manual adding).
FTR, prior to this morning, the issue happened on all devices and platforms (iOS, Mac OS, Win 10 + Chrome + Safari + app).
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event