Why does one of my boards auto-populate the date field on new cards with tomorrow's date?

Simon Perkins May 3, 2020

This started happening around midnight last night when suddenly a load of reminders went off on my master board. Looked into it this morning and all those cards had been created yesterday, either on that particular board or on one of the boards sync'd to it via Unito. 

Added some test cards and they're now showing due dates for tomorrow 1am. This happens only to cards created on the master board or cards that sync to it via a source board (and only after the sync happens, not before).

Disabled Unito, ie went to manual sync, and again, anything created on master board gets assigned tomorrow's due date. Anything created on the disabled source boards doesn't get a due date ... until I reactivate Unito and then they suddenly get tomorrow assigned after syncing.

Butler isn't making this happen either. Plus I've disabled all Butler rules and it still happens.

And ONLY on this one board. 

Any ideas what's happening as I'm currently trialling Unito and tomorrow I'm going to spin up a bunch of new project boards to really push it (and don't want every card's due date messed up).

Thanks 

EDIT: just noticed that if I change the date then the card retains the revised date, but I remove the date then it reappears with tomorrow 1am within seconds! I also can only change the date by opening the card first, ie I can't change the date with D shortcut on the cover.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2020

Hi Simon, is anyone else on the board? Other people can create Butler rules as well so it could be their rules that are making the change. 

Simon Perkins May 3, 2020

Hi Michael. Nobody else on this board - just me. No other power ups in use. No logic to it at all. Have used Trello for years and never had anything like this. 
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2020

Can you try in a different browser on your computer on same board? And then also on your phone? 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

@Simon Perkins one thing to check in these cases is the Card's activity feed, you may need to click "Show Details":

2020-05-04 at 2.18 pm.pngIf you see that it is your account being used to make the changes, then you can go into Settings and look under the "Applications" heading, there you can revoke individual API tokens.

In conjunction with @Michael Pryor's suggestion of trying different platforms this should help you identify whether or not this is a foible of a particular platform and/or some sort of weird session bug.

If you find you don't get the same problem on mobile or on a different browser/machine then logging out and in, logging in via Incognito are other ways to diagnose the issue.

If the problem persists after all those steps on the same machine (and/or other browsers/devices) recording a screencast of the behaviour with something like loom.com and posting here (making sure you don't share anything sensitive!) can help get to the bottom of it too.

Simon Perkins May 4, 2020

I noticed this morning that all new cards are behaving properly and no longer automatically assigning due dates. Here's a sample card showing how I  "set" the due date for 1am 4th May (which I didn't). This happened on all new cards from Sat and Sun. Odd.

Trello date issue 1.png

Anyway, Trello has also now let me amend those dates without force populating them with 1am 4th May again. So for now things are good again.

No idea if the initial Unito sync was causing an issue - hard to say as whatever it was was happening only when a card appeared on the master (via Unito sync or manual adding).

FTR, prior to this morning, the issue happened on all devices and platforms (iOS, Mac OS, Win 10 + Chrome + Safari + app).

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events