Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Trello's Slack Integration ask for so many permissions?

timmyRS January 10, 2018

Why does Trello care about our workplace emoji?

Why does Trello want to read all of our private messages?

Why does Trello want to send messages as me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

I can definitely understand how those requested scopes would be a little nerve-wracking! At this time, it's not possible to limit that or change that, but I can give you some context. The Power-Up will send board notifications from Trello to Slack, and when you set that up, you need to choose which channel or DM where you want to receive those notifications. To even load the list of options, Slack requires us to request that scope of access that you're seeing, and we don't have the option to do that differently. For many of our external service integrations, we're limited to the scopes that that service has us use.

In short, Trello needs access to emoji in Slack in order to use them, and access to DM's and the ability to message you because these are core functions of the Trello app for Slack.

I hope that gives a little context as to why things are the way they are, but I’ll let the team know of your concerns for their consideration moving forward—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events