Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you have 'Delete All' right next to 'SAVE' ticket?

Maja Tintor July 13, 2021

It is so easy to misclick and DELETE everything you just worked on.

Why would anybody want to delete all its work without even having a question or a second thought 'Are you SURE?!'

image.png

4 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hi Maja, clicking outside the description text input will also save your text. I know that doesn't exactly address the problem you're raising, but perhaps clicking above the text input rather than on the save button can help prevent a mis-click. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

@Maja Tintor if it's any consolation you can avoid this problem by holding cmd/ctrl and hitting enter to save without using the mouse

Maja Tintor July 14, 2021

sometimes I remember to do that, but when you have an urgent ticket and you just want to post it as soon as possible it is unpleasant to have the option DELETE all by a millimeter.

People don't want to delete everything they did in a blink of an eye, never.

0 votes
Answer accepted
reidt July 13, 2021

This seems oddly specific and painfully personal, I'm sorry.

You're right though, it would be much better on the right of the Formatting Help button.

Maja Tintor July 14, 2021

"This seems oddly specific and painfully personal, I'm sorry."

Yes, it is :) 

It wasn't a pleasant miss-click...

Like reidt likes this
0 votes
Maja Tintor October 29, 2021

@Andrea Crawford 

Guys, you must consider changing/removing that X (delete all) button from the button  SAVE.

Or at least add a confirmation message before a misclick Next to SAVE button deletes someone's work. nobody wants to delete that easily something that was working on.

This is a tool that should help companies, I'm losing time with this as it is now the third time it happened in my team.

I'm already looking into using other task managers, It shouldn't be that easy to delete all the work with one click on a small X button

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2021

I'm sorry this is impacting your team's productivity. I've raised a ticket with the appropriate team internally. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events