Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the two search options behave differently? Top of screen search bar vs menu search bar

Ned Bindokas May 21, 2020

In addition, the menu search does not consider advanced checklist due dates.  While adding due dates to the checklist is nice, it does not seem like it was thought through very well as to how you can access and utilize this data.  The calendar view and your item view do not really give me the control I need to utilize the advanced checklist data.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

@Ned Bindokas yep this is a terrible terminology problem. The "search cards" feature used to be called "filtering" which adequately distinguished it from the "search cards across all boards" feature which is in the top left.

Now they're both called search, but they behave completely differently. C'est la vie.

The different behaviours can be reviewed here:

https://help.trello.com/article/972-filtering-vs-searching

I mean, it's ridiculous, that help page still hasn't caught up with the terminology change and the keyboard shortcut for filtering is still "f" even though the menu item is called "search". But there you have it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events