Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Trello card descriptions scroll up while I'm typing onscreen?

Orthos March 11, 2022

On my computer, I've noticed that the Trello cards that I type in have suddenly began to scroll immediately upwards when I type something.  It jolts to as high as the screen can go without the cursor moving offscreen.  If the Undo command is used, it scrolls to the top of the card, no matter where I'm typing.  There is no delay or animation to the scroll; it simply jumps to as high as it can be.  Would there be a way to disable this?

Before the day that I've asked this, there hasn't been an issue regarding this problem.  I also know that this same effect doesn't occur when typing on other websites or applications.  It applies to my computer.  I've attempted to refresh & reopen the page alongside restarting my computer, but to no avail.  I have no problems with my keyboard or my mouse when typing; only the page itself moves.

Update: It appears that many other people have been experiencing similar issues.  However, the issue has since been fixed, and neither applies to me nor someone else in the provided answers section.  I'd prefer not to leave this post marked as answered before an actual explanation is provided, but I appreciate the posts of everybody else who seemed to share their struggles and ideas with me.

7 answers

2 votes
The Alchemist King March 20, 2022

Im pretty sure this is a new and HORRIBLE feature they've added which instead of being helpful just forces people to stare at the bottom of their screens

Trello/Owners of Trello, please remove this change, its unhelpful and makes typing lists extremely awkward or atleast make it togglable in settings.

GOOD NEWS, ITS GONE NOW!

Orthos March 23, 2022

This problem no longer applies to me also.  I'm unsure what has been done to deal with this issue, but I am thankful for its change.

2 votes
Mike March 20, 2022

The same problem here. This annoying behavior happened recently. I tried different chrome versions, disable all chrome extensions, use incognito mode, but to no avail!

I edit description every day and am sure this issue had never happened before. Please investigate and fix this annoying issue as soon as possible.

2 votes
Aaron Murdock March 17, 2022

My whole organization is experiencing this issue as of last week, and we've used Trello for years. If the card description I'm editing extends beyond the bottom of the screen, I scroll down to type in the lower part of the description field. But then the screen view jumps upward to where my cursor is at the very bottom of the screen. It's still located in the place I want to edit, but I can no longer see anything below it in the card or description. That's not useful. 

It's rather annoying and confusing when you're trying to make multiple edits in one card description. It keeps jumping around. 

I'm using Chrome, both normal mode and incognito, as is most of my organization.  

One other thing I noticed: It only happens if I've placed the cursor on the bottom ~60% of the screen. If I scroll the view down to where the cursor is on the top 40% of the screen when I'm typing, then I can edit the description without the view jumping. But as soon as I type below that 60% line, the view jumps again.

0 votes
Wendy Wallace December 8, 2022

This just recently started happening to me, but only on my Android phone.

As I type, the card scrolls down as i type, & I have to repeatedly relocate to where I was typing. My app is updated.  What can be done to stop this overly frustrating distraction? Thank you! 

0 votes
MintCCookie March 14, 2022

Same problem here, I've tried everything I can think of, and it still won't fix... Will be keeping in touch with this thread to see if anyone has an answer. Some of my friends that use Trello say that they're not having the problem, so I've really no clue what could be causing it if it's not a site-wide issue. Praying that the devs find a solution soon, it's rather bothersome.

0 votes
Sarg_is March 12, 2022

I have exactly the same problem, what should I do? Switching to the safari browser helped me in part, but the problem is not completely solved. Find out what's up!

0 votes
pockies March 12, 2022

If it happens when you attempt to type, but your typing cursor isn't on screen, it will do a jump like that. I've never had that issue. When you're typing that cursor will always be on screen. If you're using Chrome or Firefox it could also be your mouse cursor after clicking the middle mouse button.

If your issue only occurs when you attempt to type while the typing cursor is offscreen, that's just how the browser works. As far as I know you can't disable that, but maybe there is a way. It's to ensure that you can see what you're typing.

pockies March 12, 2022

adding to this, a .gif or images could help

Orthos March 12, 2022

My issue occurs regardless if the cursor is onscreen or offscreen, but thank you.

Like Dora Calderon likes this
Dora Calderon March 14, 2022

This is happening to me to as of this morning. 

Dora Calderon March 14, 2022

What is happening to me, is this. When I type a character, it is scrolling to the top (as far as it can go) on every other key and to the bottom (as far as it can go) on every other key. So, as I type a word, the card is constantly moving way up and then way down. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events