Why did Trello change colour of favicons to blue?

Ryan Lindsay July 20, 2021

Until recently, if you had multiple boards open in different tabs, the colour of the favicon reflected which board it was.  Now they are all standard blue, making clicking on the wrong tab//board inevitable. What's the benefit of them all being the same vs. the loss of differentiation?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hi Ryan! I'm from the Trello Support team.

Daniela raised this as a ticket with us in our support portal and we've looked into it. 

If you're using Safari, this browser does not support the ability to have dynamic favicon.

If you're using Edge as Daniela is, we've identified this as a bug, and I have raised this with our team. They'll look into it on our end. 

For Chrome and Firefox, it seems that dynamic favicon are still working fine! If you're having issues seeing the favicon on these browsers, can you swing by Trello Support and drop us a ticket? We'll be able to investigate from there.

Hope this answers your question!

Cheers,
Alex

Ryan Lindsay July 21, 2021

Thanks for this, Alex! Indeed I now see that its' working fine when I use Firefox, but not Edge. Unfortunately, I use Edge for work. Hopefully the bug is fixed - much appreciated!

Thanks, 

Ryan

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2021

Hi Ryan - just thought I'd let you know our dev team deployed a fix for this over the weekend, and dynamic favicon works on Edge again! Let me know if it's working for you. 

Ryan Lindsay August 9, 2021

Hi Alex,

I just refreshed and it looks from over here. Thank you so much to the team there! Amazing. 

Best,

Ryan

Like Alex Waite likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2021

Hey Ryan, glad to hear it's working for you again. I'll pass on your thanks to the team, cheers! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniela July 20, 2021

I agree, this was not a good change or improvement. It's confusing and annoying for people  using multiple boards. Would love to see it turn back to colours.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events