Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why did Trello change colour of favicons to blue?

Until recently, if you had multiple boards open in different tabs, the colour of the favicon reflected which board it was.  Now they are all standard blue, making clicking on the wrong tab//board inevitable. What's the benefit of them all being the same vs. the loss of differentiation?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2021

Hi Ryan! I'm from the Trello Support team.

Daniela raised this as a ticket with us in our support portal and we've looked into it. 

If you're using Safari, this browser does not support the ability to have dynamic favicon.

If you're using Edge as Daniela is, we've identified this as a bug, and I have raised this with our team. They'll look into it on our end. 

For Chrome and Firefox, it seems that dynamic favicon are still working fine! If you're having issues seeing the favicon on these browsers, can you swing by Trello Support and drop us a ticket? We'll be able to investigate from there.

Hope this answers your question!

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks for this, Alex! Indeed I now see that its' working fine when I use Firefox, but not Edge. Unfortunately, I use Edge for work. Hopefully the bug is fixed - much appreciated!

Thanks, 

Ryan

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniela I'm New Here Jul 20, 2021

I agree, this was not a good change or improvement. It's confusing and annoying for people  using multiple boards. Would love to see it turn back to colours.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

87 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you