Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see a team members initials on emailed Trello cards?

Fotini Paraschos July 1, 2020

Hi, I am using Trello to assist in purchase order management. I have set myself and my team up so that any purchase orders we raise automatically push through to our Trello board. When any of my purchase orders appear on the board it shows up with my initials on the card, but for anyone else in my team the cards show up blank. Is there a setting I need to turn on so that everyone's initials appear on the cards?

Capture.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

To add a little more explanation, you can add people to boards so they can see all the content in the board and you can also add people to a card - many people use this as a way to assign tasks to people.  The initials you are seeing are because you have added yourself to that card - you can do this with the space bar if you hover your mouse over a card. You can add other people using the members button on the back of the card. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

You need to pick them under member?

Sorry I am new to Trello, how would I do that?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

@Fotini Paraschos they need to be on the board. Invite them or ask them to join the board from their Trello app or desktop. 

Like Fotini Paraschos likes this

They are already members, and I have made them Admin on the board but it is still not working. I'm wondering if it is something else?

Capture.JPG

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2020

Go to card. "Add to Card" > Members

Like Fotini Paraschos likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events