Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are comments on cards disappearing after a month?

Jared Grafman May 29, 2020

My company uses a Trello board to track the status of various projects. There are around 20-25 members on this board, with about 8 active daily users, and 306 cards.

We have been using this board as we work remotely, through the Covid-19 pandemic, and it allows everyone to see the status of each project at any given time. Each project has its own card. Each project manager is supervising between 40-45 projects. We have used the board extensively for the past 10 weeks and intend to do so for at least the next several weeks. I have exported JSON and XLS files as back-ups every now and then, but not on a regular basis.

The project managers add updates to the cards via comments. We use comments because of their timestamp feature, instead of updating the description box, and comments are tracked in the activity log. We want to keep using comments for updates to these projects. We also use checklists, labels and due dates.

I have noticed that comments on these cards are disappearing after a month. Has anyone else experienced this, and what is the solution to keep the comments from disappearing?

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

"I have noticed that comments on these cards are disappearing after a month. "

This is definitely 100% not supposed to happen.  Can you give us more details or screenshots or evidence so we can look into it further?

Jared Grafman June 1, 2020

The board is a "personal" board set to "private" with 25 members and 306 cards across 3 lists. The comments seem to disappear from cards after 31 days. For example, I can view comments that are from April 30 at 1:13 p.m. but can't see comments earlier than that time. Looking through some of the cards, it seems that the same thing is happening with uploaded images... Cards are updated several times a day with comments, PDFs, image screenshots. The link to the board is here: https://trello.com/b/OThSX7nv

Jared Grafman June 1, 2020

Michael, I apologize. I think I'm part of too many boards and losing track of which board is being used for what.... After continuing to look into this, it seems that our company started this particular board on April 30. So, it might not be that comments are disappearing and instead it just seems like we've been using this for several months instead of 30 days.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events