Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are cards being watched when setting the due date?

Graeme Copestake February 17, 2019

Hello

I have found that as of 32 minutes ago, my main board now has due dates added to all cards that previously had (purposely) no due dates, but now have 15.02.2019 00:00.

As soon as I remove the due date, it bounces back on again.

I did try adding and removing a few power-ups and hope that this has not triggered it!

Please help! 

Many thanks

Graeme

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2019

Hi Graeme,

I am not on the Trello team and am by no means a Trello expert, but let's see if we can find the root cause of these due dates.

This does sound like strange behaviour on a board that I haven't seen before.

Is it possible that someone else with access to the board is setting due dates?

Which Power-Ups do you have enabled?

Also, did you know you can view your cards in Calendar View?  

https://help.trello.com/article/794-adding-due-dates-to-cards

I hope that helps!

Graeme Copestake February 17, 2019

It was the BigPicture powerup. It seems to have added dates by default. I have now revoked their authorisation. 

Great help from the community. Thanks!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2019

@Graeme Copestake Note that when due dates are added, modified or removed this will show up in the board's activity feed:

https://help.trello.com/article/822-the-board-menu

You should be able to see in there which user is adding the due date back on.

If it's your own account, you might find there is an app or integration that you gave access to your account via the API which is doing this.

You can test by going into your account settings, accessible by clicking your profile icon in the top right of the app, and revoke access to any apps that you have there.

If you can't see the activity showing up in the menu, then it's possibly a browser bug or a problem with cached session data. Try logging in and out again, try using an incognito window, or a different browser.

If it is a different user making this change, then they may have an app using the API making changes on their behalf -- to avoid this happening you can just remove them from the board and then ask them to revoke access from their account instead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events