Why are all my new cards (in all boards) being created with 'Watch' on?

Roberta West December 15, 2018

Hey there,

I am a pretty junior user but since yesterday all new cards (in all boards) are being created with the 'watch' function on. I checked the board and lists and they are not set to 'watch'. 

I also haven't changed anything on my settings or account.

Any ideas to turn it off...it is so annoying and time consuming to do it manually for each new card.

TIA

Roberta

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018

Hi @Roberta West I noticed there were six community users writing in with the same issue since Friday so I thought I would do a bit of investigating. Trello support is looking into it, however you can send info to trello.com/contact See screen shot, they are currently investigating the issue.

Once I know more I will share with you.

Thanks and have a good day,

Jodi

IMG_4044 (1).PNG

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi @Roberta West I just found out that the Trello team made a temporary change as part of an experiment that includes the behavior you're seeing. There isn't currently a way to disable that, but I've passed your comments about the change along to the team. Sorry for the frustration in the meantime! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Have a great rest of your day.

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

Hi @Roberta West , the Trello Team received a lot of feedback about this autowatching feature that was recently enabled in Trello.   As a result they are planning to disable the auto-watch feature on creation of new cards for now.  However there is still an auto-watch enabled for any user that changes a due date on a card, that one will remain in effect for the time being. This change will take affect sometime between now and by end of day tomorrow (Thursday) for all Trello sites.

I hope this helps and have a great day,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2018

Hi Roberta, There is confirmation that this issue has now been fixed for Trello users, I am marking the question as resolved.

Have a great evening,
Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events