Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Gmail link in a card created through the Trello Gmail add-on?

Nathaniel Renfree March 26, 2019

I've been using the Trello add-on for Gmail to turn emails into cards on my Trello board, and the add-on gives the option to add the Gmail link. I'm assuming this means that it should be creating a link in the Trello card that brings me back to that specific email in my Gmail, but I can't find this link on any card. I see links for specific email addresses associated with the email, but no link for that email. Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand what that "add Gmail link" function is on the add-on?

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

@Nathaniel Renfree I just installed the Trello for Gmail add-on to test this out:

https://help.trello.com/article/1120-trello-for-gmail-add-on

Is that the one you are working with? I can't see anywhere that it gives the option to add a Gmail link, can you do a screenshot?

Nathaniel Renfree March 27, 2019

Trell Gmail Add-On Screenshot.pngHere's a screenshot of the Trello Gmail Add-on I have in my Gmail. The Trello icon is up by the toolbar with the other Gmail tool options. When clicked, I have other options of how to set up the card, including the "Add Gmail link". 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

@Nathaniel Renfree hmmm that looks like a different Trello to Gmail plugin other than the one that Trello themselves have released. The interface you've got there looks completely different from the one I see when I install it. Either that or you have some previous version, which may suggest why the link has stopped working.

Where do you go if you click that "Help" link at the top of the interface? Do you go to Trello or some other developer website?

I also built a Gmail integration that allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client, and every card has a link back to Gmail on it:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

Nathaniel Renfree March 28, 2019

Well, maybe that's the issue. I installed that add-on right after I first got started with Trello, and I guess just assumed it was a Trello-created add-on rather than third party. When I clicked on the help link it took me to this public Trello board: https://trello.com/b/CGU9BYgd/gmail-to-trello-extension

I'd really like the ability to have the link that takes me back to the original Gmail email that was turned into the card. I'll go check yours out.

Thanks for your help on this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events