Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Butler look for checklists?

Dave Fratello January 23, 2021

Hello I am new and testing Trello to see how I can make it work for me.

I want it to create a monthly task to produce a report on our advertising spend and conversions, etc. This involves several steps that should be in a checklist.

Butler allows me to trigger the task (create a card) on a schedule, and *seems* to allow me to insert a checklist into the card, BUT...

Where is Butler going to look for the checklist to use?

I did the only logical thing I could see as a test, creating a card on the same board with a multi-step checklist. I gave that checklist a name. Then, in Butler, I used the exact same name for the checklist to be added to the card that is to be created by Butler on a schedule. 

In my test run, I got an error, that the specified checklist could not be found. 

I don't know where to post a checklist, if I didn't do it correctly here. I created that checklist on a card, moved it over to a "Done" list and figured that, based on the name of the checklist, Butler would "find" it, but that did not work.

I don't see any other central place to post checklists...

Guidance appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

I have a Card that I've set to be a Template (one of the Actions you can select on the card) for a task that I do regularly and it has a checklist included. In my Template Card, at the bottom is the Share button which will allow you to get the Link to the Card - Copy that link. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 10.36.05 AM.png

When you create your Schedule Command Action, add in the checklist name and then use the 'checklist from card' option (looks like a little target). In the box it notes to enter the 'Card link or name'. Paste the link you copied from your template card there.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 10.38.01 AM.png

This should create the new card and attach the checklist from the template. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events