Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find a list of all ButlerBot operations executed towards by limit ?

Ian Bayne October 6, 2019

I run my business on Trello with Butler, and as we grow we are hitting Operations Limits in Butler. I am looking for all the commands that counted towards the limit. I have gone onto the log of each board and combined them, but this only shows about 30% of the commands. 

I have tried Trello Support but they refer me to the fact it is no longer supported so they can't help :(

I have also tried the "Usage Log" on the dashboard which only gives me 8% of the commands I am consuming.

I would welcome solutions because when I reach my limit my whole company's operations stop, and my upgrade cost is unsustainable for me at this point.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2019

@Ian Bayne one thing you could do is start by using the command importer to bring everything into the power up, even commands that can no longer be edited in the Power Up can still be imported, YMMV I haven't actually tried this but it would put you in a supported environment:

https://help.trello.com/article/1191-butler-bot-command-importer-for-legacy-accounts

Another option for a short term fix if you're on a team plan is to add new members to your team in Trello by aliasing your existing Gmail account to add more command quota, like:

iaindooley+butlerdummy10@gmail.com

I did this quite a bit when I started running into usage quotas and things would fall of a cliff but there was no way to just buy more commands! I'm not sure what plan/version you're on and whether or not this will work for you.

I don't know of a way to determine which commands are contributing to command runs and I don't have access to a dashboard anymore to try and explore it. One option might be to disable silent mode so that Butler posts a comment each time a command is run then review your board activity to see which cards are the noisiest... but that's not particularly accurate!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events