Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you hide completed items in a checklist how do you keep them hidden?

Brandon Blackwell May 2, 2021

It used to be that when you hid completed items in a checklist they stayed hidden, but that is no longer the case and it is extremely frustrating!

Whenever I open a card that contains checklists, all items are shown whether or not I clicked to hide them before and I have to hide them all again every single time.

The problem persists whether I am accessing from my phone or computer.

There has to be a way to make this function the way it used to be where hidden completed items stayed hidden unless you chose to show them.

Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out!

That sounds a little strange. I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my side.

Would you mind checking your browser is supported and is up-to-date? 

Could you also please check the same for the mobile app?

Let us know how that goes!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Brandon Blackwell May 10, 2021

I am primarily using the Mac and iOS apps. If I need to use a browser I use Safari. I have checked and I am using the most recent version of everything, but I'm still having the same issue. My wife is having this issue as well, and it looks like a few other people have posted questions about the same thing, but I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Thanks!

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the additional context!

We still haven't been able to replicate the issue on our side. Would you mind reaching out via https://trello.com/contact so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Amy Kasprzyk March 28, 2023

I am quite sure this is still an ongoing issue and is related to clearing cache and/or cookies. I am having this problem and found mention of clearing cache and/or cookies being the cause. I just tested it and I am quite sure that is it. 

Test: Open card, select "hide checked items" on my checklist. Close out of card. Clear cache and cookies. Reopen card. All of the "checked" items on my checklist are now showing again, and I have to reengage by clicking the "hide checked items" button. 

Reviewing other posts in this forum this has been an ongoing issue and complaint since 2021 - this really should be addressed. 

Lara
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2023

Hi Amy,

Thanks for reaching out! I was able to reproduce what you're seeing, and I'll pass it on to the team for additional investigation.

While I don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, as soon as one is available, we will deploy it.

If there's anything we can help you with or if you have any other concerns, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Like # people like this
Thomas Kailer May 18, 2023

Hi everybody,

just to add to this: It happens in the desktop version as well.

So maybe it is not only browser-related ...

All the best,

Thomas

Lara
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2023

Hi Thomas,

The web issue was actually expected behaviour, since we store user’s 'hide completed checklist items' preferences for each checklist in local storage. If you clear your browser's cookies and cache, it's expected that that setting is reset.

With that said, I wasn't able to replicate the issue in the desktop app. Could you please uninstall the desktop app and install it again, but make sure to follow the instructions here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-to-uninstall-the-trello-desktop-app/

I know this is a very general suggestion, but it helps us narrow down the investigation by making sure you have the most recent version of the app and that there is no leftover data from previous versions.

Please test it after reinstalling, and we can continue investigating from there, if the issue persists.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events