When using the Trello Slack command to view card details is it necessary that I know the card URL

Lance Rosser April 16, 2018

How can I see the details / description / backside of a Trello card from within Slack?

I found this Slack command: Show information about a board or card
`/trello [board or card url]`

Do I really have to know the card URL? If so, I have to leave Slack to get that info. Kind of defeats the purpose of working with Trello from within Slack no? Or am I missing something? 

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Simone October 21, 2021

I have the same issue and the same question.

1/ I want my team members to be able to pull up cards in Slack w/o knowing the board or card URL

2/ I want my team members to be able to see a list of all cards on a board in Slack w/o having to open Trello

Are any of these possible?

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Hi Lance, 

I found this great infographic with 15 tips: https://blog.trello.com/master-trello-app-for-slack-infographic Number 15 lists all the commands.

When you use the command above does the board or card prefill when you start to type the name?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

An interesting video of creating a card, and it appears that it prefills so you can click on your url and see the contents of card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNbVptbUjBk

Lance Rosser April 17, 2018

Thank you Jodi for the advice. However, I am not seeing how to do the following. I reviewed the links you sent as well as additional Youtube videos and Trello guides.

Here is an example scenario that I think we would find very useful.

We have a team meeting board in Trello. One list is Upcoming meetings another list is Completed meetings.

Let's say I create a card (from within Trello) on Team Meeting board - Upcoming meeting list. The card contains the meeting agenda, discussion points and action items. The cards are named using a standard date format. For example, 04.17.18

How would someone on our team via Slack view the details of card 04.17.18?

It would be nice if any team member could pull up the card details via Slack. I can't figure out how to do this w/o the card URL. 

Also, it would be good if from w/in Slack we could move the card from Upcoming list to Completed list. 

I hope this scenario makes sense. Any ideas? Perhaps I am just using Trello via Slack incorrectly. Not how it is intended to be used. This is entirely possible. I am new to these collaboration tools. However, I do think they are amazing. I need to get past my learning curve.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Lance

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2018

@Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_ Hi Daniel, any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance :)

Susan Buza September 25, 2018

Just chiming in that I have the same question. Any solution yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events