When restoring an archived card via "Send to Board", where does it go?

Branon Coluccio October 8, 2019

Up until very recently, Trello would always restore an archived Card at the very bottom of the List.  But now, it seems like Trello may be returning the Card to the last position/order that it occupied before it was archived?  If so, for me, it makes the restored Card nearly unfindable on a List that has many, many Cards.  Can anyone confirm?  And regardless, does anyone know another way of locating the exact position of a Card that's found via Search?

1 answer

0 votes
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

@Branon Coluccio I'm not sure on how the restore position is set - but I can help with the card position with a quick trick.

If you can locate the card using the Search, you can click on the card to see the back of the card. From there, if you click on the "Move" option from the right side, it will tell you the current position of the card (even though it looks like its showing the new destination). 

Example:  

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 2.30.03 PM.png

If you click on the position field, you'll see that the full list shows and "(current)" appears next to the number itself. This shows the current position of the card in that list and should make it easier to find then without the search.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 2.36.03 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events