Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When in the Trello app, why is there no "reply" option, when someone comments?

BirdieBox BirdieBox February 14, 2019
In the desktop version, reply automatically tags the original commenter. In the app, you are forced to manually tag the commenter.

2 answers

2 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2019

Hello BirdieBox,

I have the Android app and on the Home screen, when I click "reply", it does @mention the original commenter. Also, when I go into a Board and a card, and click "reply", it also @mentions the original commenter.

Can you share more info about the app you're not seeing this in?

Carolyn

BirdieBox BirdieBox February 16, 2019

Certainly, and thank you Carolyn. 

I'm using my iPhone X, so it would be the iOS version. 

Unfortunately, and surprisingly, I don't have a "reply" button to click.

That makes me sadder that it exists in Android, but not in iOS. :)

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2019

I submitted a request for support to respond to see what they say about it. Hopefully they chime in here- otherwise I'll update.

Like BirdieBox BirdieBox likes this
0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hey @BirdieBox BirdieBox and @carolyn french 

Currently, the reply feature is on the web and Android apps, but not iOS.

Our development teams work asynchronously on the different mobile apps, so there are some features that may be present on one but not the other.

We definitely do strive for parity between the two, and I'll let our iOS team know you'd really like to see that reply feature on the app in a future version.

Thanks!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2019

Thanks for the prompt follow-up, @Garrett

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events