• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When creating a card via email-to-board, how can we see the person sending the email (From)?

J W I'm New Here Sep 20, 2020

When creating a card via email, how can we see the person sending the email (From)?

• The Subject of the email becomes the card's title.
  • The Body of the email becomes the card's description.
  • The From of the email becomes...???

We need to know who sent the email that created each card.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 20, 2020

@J W you can't see this using the default Trello email to board feature, however there are some options that allow you to link an email address to a board (with the added bonus that you can not only see who sent the message but that you can also reply directly from the Trello card to the email):

1) My product BenkoDesk lets you use Trello as a shared/team Gmail client so you see both sides of the conversation in your shared gmail account:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

So you could create an email like "team@whatever.com" and when people send emails to that, they become cards, you can see who sent the emails and reply to them from Trello

2) SendBoard lets you forward emails into their system and creates a card for each conversation, allowing you to reply -- you can use this with any email service provider but you don't see the outbound/sent in your email system:

https://sendboard.com/

3) Hipporello is similar to SendBoard, but adds the ability to use online forms for people to submit requests in addition to emails:

https://hipporello.com/

Hey @Iain Dooley  - thanks for the  mention :)

Just a note that you can configure a static Bcc rule for all outbound emails sent from SendBoard via the SendBoard settings. This means all outbound emails make their way to your mailbox (if backing up outbound emails is important to you).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

807 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you