It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When copying a board how to preserve Card Attachments in the new board

I copied a board which includes card links on the same board. (Card A has an attachment to Card B). The new board preserves the card links — however the Card A on the new board still links to Card B on the old board. This is undesirable behaviour because you would think the links would automatically adjust to the cards in the new board. 

Is there a way to prevent this from happening or am I adding the card links incorrectly? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Atlassian Team Oct 19, 2019

Hi there,

There's not a good way to do this, unfortunately. Copying a board is explicitly duplicating a board in its current state, and links on a board (to websites, or to other Trello content) aren't dynamic. Trello doesn't have any way of updating or modifying links upon copying the board, so that's something that would have to be modified manually after copying the board, I'm afraid!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,631 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you