When converting a checklist item into a card, the original card name changes

Frances Brower February 28, 2021

I only have two Butler rules: 

1) when an item is added to checklist "Master Task List" by anyone, convert the item to a linked card at the bottom of list "Sorter" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and set the card's description to "{boardname}"

2) when the description of a card in list "Sorter" contains "{*} Case Board", move the card to the bottom of list "Tasks" on board "{wildcard1} Board"

For some reason, whenever I add a checklist item to the Master Task List and the item is converted into a card, the original source card name containing the Master Task List changes to the name of the newly added checklist item. How to I stop this from happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

@Frances Brower another board might have a Butler rule installed that is making the change. Try following these instructions to recover the card description change actions:

https://help.trello.com/article/783-recovering-the-description-of-a-card-that-has-been-changed

but instead of:

updateCard:desc

put:

updateCard:name

In the stuff that comes back you can see the username of the "memberCreator" of the action, which will tell you if someone's bot acting on their behalf is changing the name.

Frances Brower March 2, 2021

THANKS! This worked and I was able to find the bot making the change :)

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events