Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When converting a checklist item into a card, the original card name changes

I only have two Butler rules: 

1) when an item is added to checklist "Master Task List" by anyone, convert the item to a linked card at the bottom of list "Sorter" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and set the card's description to "{boardname}"

2) when the description of a card in list "Sorter" contains "{*} Case Board", move the card to the bottom of list "Tasks" on board "{wildcard1} Board"

For some reason, whenever I add a checklist item to the Master Task List and the item is converted into a card, the original source card name containing the Master Task List changes to the name of the newly added checklist item. How to I stop this from happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 01, 2021

@Frances Brower another board might have a Butler rule installed that is making the change. Try following these instructions to recover the card description change actions:

https://help.trello.com/article/783-recovering-the-description-of-a-card-that-has-been-changed

but instead of:

updateCard:desc

put:

updateCard:name

In the stuff that comes back you can see the username of the "memberCreator" of the action, which will tell you if someone's bot acting on their behalf is changing the name.

THANKS! This worked and I was able to find the bot making the change :)

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,632 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you